Communication is key no-matter which filled you are working in or what type of conversions you want to get.
This is applicable in any industry online or offline and we can also take it into our personal life, in interpersonal relationships that we build amongst our community.
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines communication as the act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc., to someone else.
So if you are interested in creating a better communication strategy for your brand either personal or a company you represent, get ready to take notes because we will be talking about top communication strategies in 2019.
1. With all those fake accounts, fake followers and fake brands out there, you need to stay authentic and try to make yourself noticed in a big crowd. This is very hard taking into consideration all the points, but in time it does pay off. When starting a communication plan, you need to be sure you know what type of audience you want to attract, and what do you offer that your competition doesn’t.
2. Don’t use only words, go visual. Nowadays people don’t read that much, and more than that, you rarely get someone’s attention just through text. Photos and video even more lately, are the main elements that big brands use in their communication strategies. Don’t miss out and be sure to create appealing and engaging visuals that convert.
3. Because it’s communication we are talking about, engagement is crucial. If you can’t get your audience to start talking, you are not doing it right. People need to gain trust and most of the time, they follow your or any brand for that matter, for finding answers to their questions. Be sure to use engaging posts to get their attention. Polls, Questions, exchange of visuals like reposting or mentioning someone else’s work on your page or social profile are ideas to get things going. Depending on your niche, you might have many more tangible ways for engaging.
4. Make people recommend you or your brand; this make communication and awareness much more authentic. Find brand ambassadors or Influencers to genuinely represent your product and attract new people that are really interested in what you offer. This is a tricky way, but if you find the right people to work with, you will have only to gain.
5. Don’t focus on only one network because nowadays you can’t know what’s next. Blogs were famous, then came Facebook. After that Instagam, then Snapchat and now Youtube is moving ahead. Focus on a few, not all because you can’t do everything right. But staying just on one channel you might find yourself to see that everything went down the drain. It’s easier to stay focused on what you want to do when you know what you can rely on. Stay up to date on your blog, but do some social media postings too.
There are tons of communication strategies out there, but you need to find one that feels more authentic and you can easily juggle with. Doing what feel unnatural to you, but you still do it because it’s trendy, might just break your business before it even flourished.