Some of us loves them, while some hate even the thought of having bangs.
We are surely talking about the oh so trendy hair strands just above the eyes. Bangs or fringe as they are also called are basically strands of hair cut just above the eyebrows. Even if bangs initially referred to a straight fringe, the word is nowadays associated with many other versions of the style.
According to Wikipedia, the terminology derives from bang-tail , the technique of having a horse’s tail cut straight, just like the classic fringe we know.
If you haven’t been thinking of getting bangs, do some research first so that you won’t regret it right after. I know this because I had bangs several times. Straight, side bangs and a few more versions but every time I felt like it was actually more of a pain to style it than being happy to benefit from the trendy add on it should have given me. Surely you need to convince yourself whether it is or not a good idea, but first, get you pen and check these advantages and disadvantages of having bangs.
Disadvantages of styling bangs
- If your hair is not straight, you will need to style it maybe even daily suing a flat iron or a brush and fan. If it curls up unevenly it might just look giving you a not so elegant feel.
- You will need to visit the salon more often to get it trimmed just because it will fall on your eyes and well, that’s annoying and not healthy for your vision. You will say, well, I can cut it myself. I will just use a youtube tutorial, what’s so difficult n that? Ok, then just try it, but don’t say I haven’t warned you.
- If you get it, then you will not be able to easily put your hair up in a ponytail. You need to use bobby-pins or other hair accessories to be sure it stays up. This is not so fun if you go to the gym regularly. IF you keep it down and your hair get’s curly if the humidity is high aka you sweat, then your hair won’t look the same after the workout.
Advantages of getting bangs
- Your eyebrows don’t need to be perfect all the time just because the focus stays on the bangs.
- If you have a wide forehead, you can easily hide that and get the emphasis on your eyes or lips. A simple haircut with bangs could change your entire style. Got a pimple? The hair can cover it. Easy as that
- It is also said that bangs make you look younger, so why not take this as an alternative to Botox; it’s much cheaper too.
- A perfect cut can give you the volume you never had. If your hair is thinning, try this style to create the effect or having fuller hair.