You wake up one day, and you see that your hair is thinning, and you’re going bald. You search for shampoos online that can make your mane thicker, hoping that it will be denser when they grow again. However, the strands don’t come back, and you find yourself with a bald patch on your head that you are trying to cover up with a wig.
Fortunately, hiding that scalp is easier with the help of micropigmentation treatments. You can visit several scalp micropigmentation clinics in Los Angeles to see the services that can help you with your problem. You may know the look of other patients after they have undergone the treatment. If you’re not sure whether this process is for you, then read on to find more.
Introduction to SMP
The abridged version of scalp micropigmentation is SMP, and it’s considered a cosmetic treatment by dermatologists. It is often used to conceal baldness and extreme hair loss for both men and women regardless of their age. A technician will carry out the process by inking the scalp, and the procedure is very much like that of tattooing.
Natural pigments that are similar to the color of your current strands are implanted with the help of superfine micro-needles on your head. A machine will also aid the needles resulting in tiny dots that resemble that of natural hair strands.
Once the dots have healed, the results imitate those of hair follicles, giving an iconic buzz and closely shaved look fresh from the barber’s shop. The process also includes applying different shades in people who are experiencing a diffuse kind of thinning to make their head look fuller.
Benefits to Get
The hair restoration cosmetic surgery is widely known because of its benefits. Know more about the procedures of SMP in this link here. This is not only a quick and painless process; it is also holistic and non-invasive. It does not require a lot of downtimes, and it does not involve any surgeries.
Once the aftercare routines were followed and the recommendations were adhered to, the look will remain for a long time without needing too much maintenance. In other customers, their first SMP process was able to last for five years before they needed some touch-ups and top-ups. So, what’s in it for you?
- The SMP process restores the look of natural hairlines, and it helps people who are experiencing moderate baldness and hair thinning.
- It helps conceal alopecia and diffuse the overall thinning of the hair.
- Reduces the visual impact of blemishes, burns, and scarring and improves the overall look of the scalp.
- This is considered a very affordable treatment that is only a fraction of the expenses for transplants.
- The treatment is considered safe. The pigments involved are made from natural ingredients, and almost all of them are organic and plant-based.
- Last but not least, this is a process that does not claim any hair growth. It’s not a magical method that can make the strands grow overnight, which avoids many disappointments down the line. It is a method used in concealing problems that are very difficult to reverse.
Others Factors that You Can Possibly Benefit From
No Risk on your Part
Perhaps the most significant benefit out there is that patients who want to look good and improve their self-esteem find SMP to be a less risky alternative than other methods. As long as you go to qualified technicians in Los Angeles and the needles are new, you won’t have to worry about infection. The incisions are painless because there is localized anesthesia present during the process. You won’t also have to wait for grafts to mature and grow because they are not part of the treatment.
You can be up and about in just two days. Although the cosmetic procedure may require 2 to 3 sessions, you can go to work on Monday if you have done the treatment on the weekends. You can do everyday activities, and you can always update and restore the color depending on what you feel is right for you. No downtime is advantageous for many people as they don’t have to wait long for other people to see their scalp transformation.
No Need for Medication
You won’t need maintenance and other prescribed medications before, during, and after the process. In healthy individuals who don’t have any pre-existing medical conditions, there’s no need for drugs as the process is painless, and you won’t have to buy painkillers. This is one of the most cost-effective methods in getting your hair look like it’s restored and shaved naturally.
How to Choose the Right Practitioners
If you decide that you need this life-changing treatment for baldness, the next step that you need to make is to choose the right practitioner and clinic in Los Angeles. You can know more information about hair tattoos as alternative to baldness here: https://www.toolsofmen.com/scalp-micropigmentation/. There are a lot of them but only a few practice safe and effective processes. Some of the qualities that you should be looking for in the technician should include the following:
- They have certificates from SMP training and further education, if applicable.
- An extensive knowledge of the skin’s physiology is a must.
- Sterile environments and safety signs should be visible; the areas should be spotless.
- The needle cartridges that will be used in your treatment should be new and properly sealed.
- There should be protection present, including the use of surgical masks, disposable gloves, and other guards on devices and machines to prevent any infection.
When you find a potential clinic in Los Angeles, you should not hesitate to ask questions and see other clients’ feedback about them. Ask the practitioners how long they have been doing the treatments and ask about a portfolio of patients that have received treatments in their clinics.
Visit their social media pages and see if satisfied customers are leaving excellent feedback about them. Lastly, it’s better to get quotes from three different clinics before choosing one for the treatment. Ask about what’s included in the package, if there are discounts, and how many sessions are there so that you can prepare better.